Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two

I can't really believe this, but I started Going Country two years ago today.

How is it possible I've been producing this drivel every day for two years? Don't ask A. and the MiL, who really thought it would be impossible for anyone to write something (vaguely) entertaining every single day. *

In the past two years, some things have changed.

The most notable change, obviously.

And some things have remained the same.

Yesterday's labor. Yes, we are still stacking and burning wood in almost-April. And yes, that is kind of depressing.

Through it all--the good posts, the bad posts, and the frankly pathetic posts--there you've been. Faceless people who are nonetheless a real part of my life, who come here every day to read and comment and share the adventure that is life at Blackrock.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for sharing it all with us.

And stick around for the next two years. I have no idea what they'll bring. But I can guarantee you this: Whatever it is, I'll find the humor in it.

* My secret? I'm not aiming for the profound here. Obviously.

14 comments:

Susan said...

No, thank YOU! I love this blog - it's the first thing I read every day.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

[cue Frosty the Snowman voice]

Happy Boithday!

And by the way, that chicken post was far from your most pathetic.\


Word verification: uperac -- where Dolly Parton hides her wireless mic.

Anonymous said...

It's a pleasure to read you every morning!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, kiddo. I read you first too. If you have posted by the time I check in. Beth


word verification vismsiu


new yummy dessert

Glenda said...

Love hearing what is going on in your life every day! And Cubby is a treat!

me again said...

Well, you're very welcome! Thank YOU for always giving me a smile :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
==lennie==

word verification: mousi
Too appropriate! What the Blackrock critters hunt down in their spare time!

Kathleen said...

I love reading your drivel every day. It lets me know that I'm not alone in the everyday trials and tribulations of adjusting to a different life style.

Happy Blogivesary!

Alicia said...

Thank YOU Kristen for writing every day! Love to read your driveling posts. I love that everything is SPELLED CORRECTLY AND GRAMMATICALLY ACCURATE!

Marx really didn't know what he was talking about when he discussed "the idiocy of rural life."

Happy blog birthday. Here's to many more years.

jean said...

Thank you. You are part of my every day and I love it.

Phoo-D said...

Congratulations on 2! I love reading your thoughts and funny stories everyday. Can't wait to watch Cubby get big and hear the madcap adventures along the way.

Sara said...

Happy birthday to the blog! But, unfortunately for you, you know this face.

Daisy said...

Part of the beauty of blogging is the everyday, ordinary sameness and growth expressed in the posts. I'll keep reading if you keep writing!

FinnyKnits said...

Happy #2!

And, hey, we love it here. Well, I do.

If you were saying profound shit every day, I'd abandon you. I'd rather hear about roadkill, miles of corn, aggressive rams, wild collies and the like.

It's perfect.

Stef said...

Congrats!

You know, I am sitting here trying to decide which is worse: the fact that you're stacking wood and it's almost April, or the fact that we're forecast-ed to hit 93 degrees today and it's still March. Take a second and imagine how miserable my summers are.