Friday, April 2, 2010

One Thing Leads to Another

A. took a truckload of tree branches and wood for burning to the beach yesterday evening. While he was down there, he snuck out in his boat* to do a little illicit fishing. Sneaky little bugger. But I forgave him, because he returned with a nice big pike for our dinner tonight.

And speaking of A.! He's finally going to get those trees he obtained many months ago milled into boards today. The action is going to all be at his friend's house, but I might try to take Cubby on a field trip up there sometime today to see the portable sawmill in action. He might not be too impressed, but I kind of want to see it.

And speaking of today! The forecast is calling for 80 degrees. WHAT? It's April 2nd, in case you didn't know that. It is NOT 80 degrees on April 2nd around here. Like, ever. I think this may be record heat.

And speaking of heat! I have no short-sleeved shirts that are convenient for Cubby feeding. A shopping trip seems to be in order.

And speaking of Cubby feeding! I foresee new vistas of heat hell opening up to me this summer, when I will be required to cuddle close to a raging little furnace for his frequent feeding times. Yay.

And speaking of hell! What the hell is this post about, anyway? Got me.

Happy Friday.

* I haven't mentioned A.'s boat yet. All you need to know about it is that he built it himself. Out of plywood. Yes, it floats. And no, he had never built a boat before. Woodchuck ingenuity knows no bounds.

8 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Okay, requesting a picture of A's boat please. This I have to see! Hooray for 80 degrees, we had that weather yesterday and it was glorious.

Anonymous said...

It's in the 70s in Minnesota, and we are already suffering from lack of rain. I predict a brutal summer!

SaintTigerlily said...

I live in terror of being 9 months pregnant in August. Mortal, mind numbing, terror.

Yummy! Pike!

sweetbird said...

I hear you on the heat. It was close to 90 here yesterday and we're supposed to stay that way for quite a while.

I'll never understand a state where it can snow and be 90 degrees within 4 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Bet your dad would like to be there watching the sawmill action , too. I laughed out loud when you said 'plywood'. AND is it used plywood? hee hee hee Beth
the sound of the sawmill may bother cubbies ears or it may lull him to sleep.

word verification 'ferizat'

bug zapper for ferrets

Alicia said...

I want a picture of A.'s boat too!

Anonymous said...

Picture of boat and Pike! LA&A Railroad....

rls said...

And speaking of Friday! We want pictures of A's boat!