Friday, April 16, 2010

The Future Strongman

I don't think I've mentioned before that Cubby, while not a particularly large newborn, has exceptionally big hands and feet. Now, I don't know much about human babies, but I know that in puppies, large paws mean a large dog in the future. And so, if I may compare my son to a dog (in the most loving way possible, of course--and considering my level of Dog Crazy, that's a lot of love, indeed), it seems likely that this child will grow into a very big, strong man. At least as big and strong as his daddy, who is not exactly small and weak. In fact, his daddy is about the strongest man I know. In real life, anyway. Those guys who compete in the strongman competitions on TV are stronger, but they also pull trains while roaring like animals and have names like Thor Thorgeson, so, you know, I don't think I'd want to be married to one.

ANYWAY.

Cubby is on track to being a normal strongman, in any case. Strong enough to lift the chicken feed for me at least, which is really all I require.

Yeah. He's got a ways to go yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does look really tiny in his daddy's hands,doesn't he? Beth. He's such a lucky baby to be raised the way you guys live.

word verification 'ballych'

a guy thing

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you are buying him new sneakers/shoes every 3 weeks as he hits his teen years....

Tara

Alicia said...

Yeah, just wait until he's so tall you have to special-order his clothes and shoes...

FinnyKnits said...

Despite all the warnings about special ordered clothing and enormous appetites, I do think and hope that he'll be a big strapping son so that you will be able to recline on the porch with your cocktail while he lifts chicken feed, hills your potatoes and contends with your crazy ram.

Sherry said...

I am so enjoying the "Cubby stories!" I'm convinced you are a good Mom!

jean said...

Just like the others, I agree that shoes and clothing not to mention huge amounts of food are going to be in Cubbys future. My son is finally growing into his feet. He is 14, 5'10" and wearing a size 13 shoe.

rls said...

I just love Blackrock photos. Yeah, Cubby's cute and all, but I just drool over your house.