Monday, April 12, 2010

Fashion Show

While I may be conspicuously lacking in the clothing department (but never fear, lovies--I have a plan to procure the necessary chest-baring apparel), Cubby most certainly is not. That kid has more clothes than A. and I put together. I really need to figure out this racket of getting people to just buy you clothes for no reason. Other than being brand-new and crazy-cute, of course. Neither of which I happen to be, sadly.

ANYWAY.

Blackrock Outfitters proudly presents:

Cubby's Spring Fashion Show

Cubby says the farmer look is hot this year. He also says maybe we should not be leaving him near the edge of anything anymore because he is THISCLOSE to rolling over, God help us all.

Camo is also a trend this year. The deer-head booties are key to this look. They are also totally impractical because they're too puffy and would not stay on AT ALL. And the camo onesie lasted less than a day before one of the snaps broke. Nice quality, local Huge Outdoor Store. Remind me to never buy anything from you that my survival in the outdoors might actually depend on, thanks.

OH MY GOD, MY EYES! The cuteness! It is blinding! And still too big, obviously. Dear L.L. Bean: I would not like to meet the gargantuan 0-3 month old child that would actually fit into this suit. But I forgive your obviously ridiculous sizing, because WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT CUBBY BEAR?

There was also a very fetching pale blue ensemble that made him look like an 80-year-old escapee from a Florida retirement community, but I didn't take a picture of it. Not that it matters, because honestly? Nothing is going to top that Cubby suit.

Have a lovely Monday, poppets!


10 comments:

sweetbird said...

OK, the deer head booties are possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

At least until the bear suit.

O.M.G.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

My wife wanted me to remind you that he's not a doll. Not sure what she means by that.

Oh, and for chest-baring apparel you could always go with tube tops. (Please excuse me for a moment while I have flashbacks to high school ... )


Word verification: acksat -- what the high school senior said when he woke up late the Saturday he's supposed to be taking his college boards.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Of course he's a doll! A doll that I can dress up in lots of fun clothes in wee sizes that are getting progressively less wee the more the child eats.

Also a doll that wakes me up every morning at 2 a.m. and requires frequent diaper changes. Those would not be good selling points on the open market, I suspect.

Anonymous said...

Good suggestion Drew...tube tops..I was thinking bathing suit top...but yours would be easier. Cubby is a cutie pie. Beth

word verification ramesic

answer to question 'how does ramey feel today?

Anonymous said...

BABY OVERALLS! Always a good choice.

I have a feeling that the [ADORABLE] bear suit photo will be a valuable source of blackmailing material come Cubby's teen years...

Anonymous said...

There is something odd about the picture of Cubby in the bear suit. Perhaps it's my aging eyes, but I don't see anything supporting that kid. Is he really on his feet dancing already?

Mary in MN

word verification: parec

The sound that my old dog makes when he gets a piece of grass stuck in his throat.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

It's the incredible levitating baby!

Okay, so he's actually being held up on A.'s lap and the flash makes the background too dark to tell. But levitating sounds much cooler.

Phoo-D said...

What a cutie patootie! Love the deer head booties and the bear suit is too much!

jean said...

I love the bear suit. If only it would fit him again next season! And Drew is right - a tube top would be perfect.

Daisy said...

Oh, the farmer look! He's so adorable in everything he wears.