Thursday, November 11, 2010

Acclimation

After sitting around drinking coffee and talking for awhile this morning with my mother, I checked the weather forecast for the day in Tucson. Sixty-seven degrees and sunny. Nice.

Then my mom and I went our separate ways to get dressed. I put on jeans and a tank top and wandered down the hall in my bare feet, where I met my mother emerging from her bedroom in jeans, a fuzzy cowl-necked sweater, and shoes. It would not surprise me to know she was wearing long underwear under her jeans.

Sixty-seven and sunny is all relative, apparently.

5 comments:

Tree Huggin Momma said...

When my girls complain that it is cold at 63 degrees in the house I remind them that come spring as soon as its 60 degrees outside they shed their coats and think its summer. Its not just relative its all in our heads.

Sara said...

And here I was all excited that it's supposed to be in the mid 50s this weekend!

Alicia said...

So true. I'd be in long sleeves.

rls said...

Too funny! My brother who lives in Alabama now is the same way.

Mia said...

oh yeah, my heart BLEEDS for you *grin*

from upstate NY!!