Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recovery

Well. Thank God THAT'S over with.

We had two flights yesterday. The first one was only a little over an hour, and Cubby was fine. But by the time we got on our second flight of the day, Cubby realized that it was two hours past his bedtime. And he was not in his crib. He did not understand this, and he did not appreciate it.

That was a three and a half hour flight. Of those three and a half hours, Cubby slept maybe an hour and a half. And not in a continuous block, either. It was Unfun. He didn't cry for long periods, but 15 minutes of baby-crying-in-an-airplane time translates to about 15 HOURS of regular time.

But at least all of our flights were not only on time but early, so the misery wasn't unduly extended. And here we are! Nana immediately began ingratiating herself with Cubby this morning by providing him with a new fascinating toy every few minutes, so I think he's going to have an excellent time this week.

Oh! And I totally forgot to tell you that I finished up with the apples the day before we left. So now that I have freed myself from that self-imposed encumbrance--and safely transported an infant three thousand miles--I am free to enjoy myself with nary a care. Let the vacation begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Cubby gets spoiled while he is there. :) Good for him and them ,they get to spend some time with each other. Beth
I know...bulky...but maybe you should have taken his sheepskin?

jive turkey said...

HOLLA! Had to finally download an entirely new browser to be able to comment on your site again, but I'm IN! WOO!

Anyway, so glad you made it out west OK. Cubby sounds like he's better behaved on planes than I am, frankly. We're taking Sadie to Arizona in the summer. Hopefully there will still be non-stop flights available by then...

rls said...

Woo-hoo! Have fun!