Sunday, May 29, 2011

More High Fashion


I can no longer wear sandals as everyday footwear in the summer. At least, I can't wear MY sandals, which are leather slip-ons with no back. And the reason I can't wear them?

This guy. Who is the reason for everything, pretty much.

He just . . . moves so much, you know? And I have to move with him. Up and down and round and round. I can't race around so much in slip-on sandals. So no matter what I'm wearing--skirt, pants, shorts--I have to wear socks and real shoes. If it's wet, I wear the ugly ladybug shoes. If it's not too wet, I can get away with my running shoes. But neither of those really goes so well with, say, a skirt. It's not a look I can pull off.

And so I have resigned myself to a summer of stupid-looking but functional footwear. Such is the reality of motherhood.

7 comments:

Daisy said...

The ladybug shoes are awesome Mom shoes.

Anonymous said...

In this picture, it looks like he is showing you an example of sensible footwear. Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Just hold his adorable little hand and no one will notice what is on your feet.

sheila said...

but think of the calories you burn chasing Cubby

Anke said...

That's when I said goodbye to anything with heels... Just couldn't chase the littles with heels on.

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

This cracks me up. I remember my children being small and them stepping ALL OVER my shoes. I had adored my white keds, but began buying the Payless version because I constantly had shoe tread marks on the top of my white shoes from being stepped on so much. You have to keep running; it's not an easy job being a mommy!! One day you might be able to wear the shoes you want, just not today! :-) Sweet post.

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING that could force me into regular socks and shoes around home in the heat of the summer. There are lots of great heavy duty (with a heel strap) sandals/ventilated shoes out there. Mine are LL Beans.

Becky H