Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

Well. After all that drama and online hand-wringing yesterday about the total lack of rain, it, uh, rained. Of course it did. Actually, most of the day it kind of pissed around, sprinkling now and then. Just enough to be damp outside without a real soaking. Which meant Cubby and I had a fun day in the four rooms.

We also had a brief trip to the pediatrician, during which we were not kept waiting forever OR told to come back in a week for a vaccination that couldn't be given until Cubby was 18 months, 2 days, and 10 hours old. Or whatever. So! Success!

The rest of the day was mostly spent playing indoors. Cubby was wearing very beachy attire yesterday despite the weather. He accessorized himself, though.

Daddy's hat is key to avoiding over-tanning. Also, it is apparently extremely exciting.

And of course, a color-coordinated bucket is a must-have for any fashionable beach-goer.

I particularly enjoyed the fact that the CD playing at this moment on the TV and DVD you see back there was The Beach Boys' greatest hits. Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world, indeed.

Shortly after this, A. took Cubby out with him to let the sheep out to graze on the neighbors' pasture. And shortly after that, the misty rain changed to a downpour, soaking both the head shepherd and his assistant. Neither of them cried, however. You have to be tough to be a shepherd.

So that was yesterday. Who knows what today may bring? More rain, we hope. Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

I thought about you yesterday when it was raining here in Rochester. . . serious rain! I was hoping it would keep moving over toward Blackrock! We got so much rain, I'm going to have to pull out the lawnmower soon. It's been in hibernation.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you got some rain. Fingers crossed for more. We had a little teaser yesterday but we really need a good steady 24 hour rain.

Anonymous said...

Who said complaining never helped?
My goodness Cubby looks all grown up in the second photo. Beth

Ann said...

So glad you got rain! Maybe the garden will have a late surge. Here's hoping.

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

He is adorable! Love the outfit! I love the beach, but we never let the kids have a sandbox at home because of the sweat making the sand glue to the body! I was thinking Cubby would love a sandbox, then I remembered that I wouldn't let me own kids have one. But, at least he is READY!!! You live on a farm...he'll be happy with dirt! My kids LOVED dirt! And bugs.

Domestic Dilettante said...

Cubby is beyond adorable!

I gave my daughter a greeting card once that said "If I were a dog, I would so lick your face right now." Those photos of Cubby make me want to lick his face.