Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Victory!

Yes! There was a nap! A nap of about an hour in which I managed to make some more yogurt, gather the eggs that the chickens have taken to laying all over the damn place so I have to crawl around under bushes and into dog pens to get them all, and even do some cash-money work. WHEE!

With such small mercies is a mother's day officially salvaged.

Anyway. Tomorrow I plan on doing a whole post to answer a question someone asked about our fruit trees. I know. Try to contain your excitement until tomorrow morning, duckies, when there will be much talk about apples and pears and strange medieval fruits and those horrible, no good, very bad sheep that kill EVERYTHING.

Not to spoil the ending or anything.

Tune in tomorrow! And cross your fingers that I get another naptime today. I have big plans involving weeds in the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good children's book.
You might try leaving the hens in the henhouse for a couple days and they will HAVE to lay in their boxes. Make them all inviting with fluffy straw...they like a little privacy to lay. Hence the reason you are finding them hidden outside. You can't tell how old they are if they are outside hither and 'yon'. Beth

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

An hour?

Good God. You've got my respect from across all the states.

My tot sleeps for three hours a day and I am grateful for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.