Sunday, January 13, 2013

With the Speed of Light

Charlie is six months old today.

What?  How?  I don't know either.

Pretty much all you need to know about Charlie is that I sing the (first) refrain of "You Are My Sunshine" to him every night as I put him in his pajamas, and I mean every single word of it*.

Also, I wish this for him:


Amen.

* You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
   You make me happy when skies are gray
   You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
   Please don't take my sunshine away

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.
My grandad sang that to me and I still hold it special in my heart.
Beth

Anonymous said...

I wonder what his 6 month measurements are? He looks L O N G
Beth

tu mere said...

You're the best mommy with the best Charlie in the whole world - that goes for Cubby as well. But then I'm not prejudiced at all.

Can still hear Duchess and Holy harmonizing on that song in my head. Holy with his tenor and Duchess taking the melody. Life is such a wonderful continuum.

rls said...

I used to sing that to my kids, too. *sigh*