Sunday, July 21, 2019

Breaking News


A. found a watermelon with seeds.

I repeat: A. found a watermelon with seeds.

On our way home we saw some seeded watermelons in a grocery store in Ohio, but again, I was too stressed out to deal with a huge watermelon rolling around our already over-stuffed vehicle. So again, I didn't buy it. And again, I regretted it.

But then.

A. went to the grocery store in the city where he returned our U-Haul trailer (yet more junk has come west with us from Blackrock, yes), and right there in the produce section was a real watermelon from Texas.

I couldn't believe my eyes when he returned home and I saw that watermelon in the back of the van. It's pathetic how excited I was.

It was about twenty pounds. We ate 3/4 of it yesterday, and the remainder will no doubt be gone today.

Next time, he'll have to get two.

2 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Oh you don't know how much I love your post, your attitude ,your zest for life!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Gemma's comment!
Linda