Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Masks Are the New Mittens

 

One of the most annoying things for me about winter weather is making sure all of my children have two mittens (or gloves) before we leave the house. So many hours of my life have been wasted searching backpacks, pockets, and cars, or throwing every hat and mitten out of the box by the door looking for a matched pair. Or at least a left and right of something, anything to cover hands.

I do this a lot less now that we don't live in the far north, and I am still grateful for it.

But now! Now each child needs a face covering every time we leave the house! And those face coverings are small masks that are liable to get left behind wherever they go. The boys are pretty good about hanging theirs up by the door or keeping them in their backpacks. If the masks make it home.

But Poppy . . . Poppy is the Bermuda Triangle of masks. Hers just disappear. Sometimes in the house, sometimes in the car, sometimes . . . I don't even know. 

Right now I have one for her on the bus, one in my purse, one presumably lost in the car, and one I think got lost in the house. I'm running out of masks for her and might eventually resort to duct taping her masks onto her ears so she can't just take them off and fling them any old where.

Just kidding. 

It is annoying, though.

3 comments:

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

I think your kids are the wrong age to have watched much Rugrats. There was an episode where Tommy kept taking off his diaper, and his dad kept trying to invent a gadget that would prevent him from taking it off.

mil said...

I think she just needs a new mask for every outfit--the little fashionista!

Lindsay C said...

not sure if you're looking for a solution BUT my friend just got these for her kids - https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Lanyard-Convenient-Comfortable-Multicolor/dp/B08DJ52G2C/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1RCW6P18MTZR3&dchild=1&keywords=mask+lanyard+for+kids&qid=1598494980&sprefix=mask+la%2Caps%2C206&sr=8-10

She mentioned that this has been a godsend for masks not going missing!!