Sunday, January 24, 2021

Snapshots: Laundry, Animals, and Undercover Flour

 


Finally using the small drying rack the MiL sent for my birthday. Friday was pretty much the only day I wasn't working that featured good clothes-drying weather without terrible winds, so I did ALL the laundry. And ran out of clothespins. And that is why all the cloth napkins are on the drying rack. Thanks, MiL!


Jasper was VERY INTERESTED in my clothes hanging. Jasper is VERY INTERESTED in everything. Because he is part border collie and, thus, part insane.

 
Celestial sheep. That's not all wool bulking up those ladies. Some of them are very, very gravid. We expect a lamb any day now.


Is it corn? Is it flour? After dealing with two consecutive 50-pound bags of flour from Sysco that have ripped in my chest freezer (where I store it, because it's out of the way and rodent-proof), I decided to encase the paper flour bag in an empty feed corn bag. The corn bag is plastic. It won't rip. So there.


For my mom, who wanted to know how the kids were enjoying the multi-piece soldier and military vehicle sets she sent them, and that they opened on Epiphany: They LOVE them. Many happy hours with many vehicles and innumerable tiny weapons. (Although that girl in the sparkly pants did state that she wished she had got a stuffed cat instead of a tank. Her brothers were happy to commandeer the tank, though.)

And there we are! My life, snapshotted.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great gift for you!
I sometimes have to use a drying rack outside as well. I run out of line space, not clothespins.
Linda

Kay said...

Yay for clothing drying outside. I miss it this time of year.

Preggo sheep there, preggo momma cows here. We are looking towards March for new babies.

Plastic bags. I save my nice plastic apple bags to store towel wrapped lettuce and cucumbers in the fridge. They have holes in them for air flow so no moldy/mildrewed produce.
Funny thing, my flour comes in plastic "zippable" bags. The zip never works so I fold over and clip with a clothespin. I always buy more clothes pins in the winter to add to my clothes hanging stock (some always spring apart in our prairie winds) and to use to close chips, etc.

Funny how worlds and items mesh like this. :)

Daisy said...

I've heard that the standard "bucket of soldiers" now includes women. Poppy is included!

I highly recommend the drying rack from IKEA. It has so many different ways to set it up - it's very handy.

Andra said...

I love when my kids enjoy a toy that entertains them for long periods of time. I can get work done (or read, lol) and they are not asking to have screen time.

Karen. said...

All that sun!