Sunday, February 28, 2021

Snapshots: O, A-Gardening We Will Go

A. spent some time preparing garden beds for me on Friday. Hooray!

 


The one he's digging in this photo was planted with carrot seeds, plus one row of kohlrabi. And the prepared ground behind him was planted with beet seeds.


In this little south-facing area that's sheltered by stone walls, I planted arugula and radishes. And then we put the plywood up to keep the dogs out. They can't resist digging in freshly prepared garden soil.


"You think me capable of such perfidious destruction?" says Jasper. "I am wounded to the heart, madam."


A.'s fall-planted garlic field is looking pretty good. There are a few shallots in there, too, which I'm REALLY hoping we get to the harvest stage this year. Gophers like shallots, unfortunately.


Meanwhile, Cubby built a a pretty rad fort out of the old fenceposts A. was going to cut into firewood.


Poppy was a fan.

I also stuck some ground-cherry seeds into starter pots inside. Those are a totally new thing for me, so we'll see how that goes.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

4 comments:

Gemma's person said...

I loved places like that when I was a little girl .
Bring on the garden...looks great.

Anonymous said...

That fort is cool! Looks like Cubby had fun constructing it.
Linda

Tammy T. said...

Okay I'm not judging but is that whole area garlic with a few shallots? Because if so, I'm jealous!!!!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Tammy: Sure is. We have a LOT of garlic come July.