Sunday, July 25, 2021

Snapshots: Captions Only

I'll forgo the onscreen chattering today and stick to succinct captions.


Another beet harvested (hooray!), and the very first of the green beans (hooray again!).


A very nice pink hollyhock that came from some seeds I dumped out of my seed box with no idea what would come up. A happy surprise.


More garlic and potatoes from the garden.


And on my morning walk: moonset ahead . . .


Sunrise behind.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunset/sunrise pictures.
Linda

Gemma's person said...

Moonset and sunrise ...how perfect.

Anonymous said...

Duh! How 'bout sunrise & moonset!
Linda

Drew @ HOw To said...

What garlic did you plant? I went inside after putting in my herb garden and discovered the garlic in my fridge had sprouted, so I pulled off the growing cloves and shoved them in the ground. They produced a ton of stems, but when I pulled them there was one sad little clove on each, barely more than what I planted.

Did I just pull too soon? Plant the wrong variety for my climate? Any guesses?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Drew: We plant the cloves of garlic that A. has been growing for years now. Not that I'm an expert, but the usual growing pattern for garlic in places with cold winters requires fall planting. The cloves establish themselves in the winter underground and then do their real growing as soon as it gets warm. So I'm guessing the issue was the spring planting.

Might've been the variety, too, though. If you want to try again, plant in the fall, and get some heads from a farmers market. Those will be varieties that will obviously be good for where you live.

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Ah, fall planting. Makes sense, thanks.

Daisy said...

I love hollyhocks! We lost ours several years ago to hollyhock rust. I might try them again - it's been a while.