Sunday, August 8, 2021

Snapshots: All Roads Lead To Butter

There is no way to get to our county without driving some pretty rough roads. Paved, but bumpy. The highway department knows this, and wants to alert drivers to this fact before they venture into the great emptiness.


Can confirm.

Once my mom brought me some heavy cream when she came to visit, and by the time she got here, it had been agitated enough in the cooler that it was almost butter.

A road AND a churn! Now that's efficiency.

I forget what prompted this next photo. Other than persistent hamminess.


If the camera is out, she will want it to be taking a picture of her.


A campout in the kitchen.


We're at the height of roadside sunflower season right now. Both in terms of their actual height, and their quantity. (That's the moon up there setting.)

This last picture immediately makes me let a deep breath out and relax. Because it is what I see when I come out of Poppy's room after putting her to bed. It means my day is done. (Well, assuming she actually goes to sleep and doesn't require more tucking in or water or other classic toddler sleep-delaying tactics.)


Ahhhh.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Gemma's person said...

That last photo just has a calm feel to it.
Butter ...heeee.
I guess the best bet is to drive on the shoulder or maybe the fields. ;)

Anonymous said...

Are there speed limits on your bumpy roads? If so, probably not for 65 mph.:)
The last picture looks so calm & relaxing.
Linda

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Linda: Actually, that road with the sign IS 65 miles an hour. One reason it's so bumpy, maybe. :-)