Thursday, December 30, 2021

Thursday Thank You

Okay, I think I need to lay off the days of the week alliteration titles, right?

NEVER!

Anyway.

I did want to say thank you to all of you lovely people who took the time to comment and wish me a happy birthday. I am very bad at responding to comments individually--which doesn't at all mean I don't love them because of course I do--so I thought one big blanket thank you would be the way to go here. Except . . .

Linda: I love how consistently you show up to cheer in the comments section. And that you actually make some of the random recipes I post. Thank you!

MiL: I'm not scared of lard . . . just of grocery-store lard. As soon as we have a good source for real lard, it will be in all of Grandma Bishop's recipes. Thank you for being the respository for family history (and recipes). It's fun to pass them along to the next generation.

G.P.: Thank YOU for being here for so many years and for all the kind comments you have left.

Mary in MN: Thank you! I hope your winter this year in MN hasn't been too severe. And if you're sick of snow, please send some to my particular drought-stricken county in New Mexico.

Sheila: Thank you! I wish we had gotten your white post-Christmas (see above).

Lisa: And a belated thank you to you!

Tammy: Thanks! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous: I hope you do try the cake. It's delicious, and fun to watch the baking soda and buttermilk fizz.

Kit: Thank you! I appreciate your regular Friday Food comments so I can be a nosy parker and read what everyone else eats.

Cheryl: Thank you so much for making one of your rare comments here. I'm so glad you like coming here and reading.

Claire: Thank you! Having a framing of the rising sun does greatly enhance glowiness.

What can I say? I was inspired to write individually to each and every one of you.

And to those of you who didn't actually comment but who still spend some of your precious time here reading these many words that I throw out there . . . Thank you. I truly do appreciate each and every pair of eyeballs. Here's a pretty picture for you.


Sunrise and sunflower skeletons. (Never going to stop with the alliteration.)

5 comments:

Claire said...

❤️ that's a very sweet post!

Karen. said...

Miss a day, miss a lot. Welcome to your next trip around the sun. :)

Jenny said...

I DID make the cake tonight, using yogurt, and it is easy and delicious! Yes, it foamed in an exciting way that kids would love! I’ve bought “corporate” lard at the grocery store for pie crusts, and it was good. I don’t have any local pig farmer friends. Maybe I’ll check with a butcher. I think it can be frozen, since I probably wouldn’t use it that often. A few times I’ve added bacon grease to butter or shortening and that made pie crusts that got compliments from people who said they don’t like pie crusts!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Jenny: Yay! A.'s family recipes continue to make other people's lives more delicious. Thank you so much for letting me know you tried it. Lard can definitely be frozen. I've rendered tallow that's been in the freezer for three years, and it was fine.

Joellen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am behind reading your posts. I made Grandma Bishop’s cake when you posted it before. Delicious and so very easy. I love cakes with buttermilk; I think they taste better.