Sunday, December 26, 2021

Snapshots: Christmas, Of Course


Delivering bread to the neighbors on Christmas Eve, western-style.


Making tamales . . .


A lot of tamales.


Stocking exploration.


I don't know what I was actually taking a picture of here, but the end result is pretty trippy. And also quite representative of Christmas morning with four young children.


Favorite gifts included a remote-control tarantula for Calvin and a remote-control rat for Jack. Gross.


Poppy's favorite toy, a unicorn she named Pretty Sparkles, inevitably ended up as prey in this game of disgusting battery-controlled creatures.


Poppy also received nail polish from my sister, which of course must go on right away. (Lookit those pudgy hands!)


Cubby received an army set with something like 750 pieces.


As well as 120 earplugs (still a favorite toy, all these years later), seen here in formation at an elevated battle position.

There you have it! Our Christmas, snapshotted.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Happy kiddos! My nephew loved his Mario dress-up suit and my niece her flowery headband (she's as girly as Poppy, at almost 3 years old when I asked her what she wanted for christmas she answered "flowers" !!)

I love the earplug soldiers, this would qualify as a Tuesday Tip.

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with kids' gifts, but a big surprise this year was consumable gifts from my husband & I. I thought folks would think it strange, but they were pleased to receive extra toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, laundry soap, chocolates, either sparkling water or small bottles of alcohol, lottery tickets, & small bottles of bathroom spray. Who knew?!?!?
For my teenage great nephews, they asked to go on a ghost tour, so we'll be doing that in January.
Looks like your kids had a great day.
Linda

Anonymous said...

I think my "was" should be "were". HAH!!
Linda

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Claire: Not sure I would really recommend anyone else encouraging the earplugs. They get everywhere. :-)

Linda: Sounds like a good idea to me. Your gift recipients didn't have to go to a store to get boring but necessary things, and it's all consumables, meaning less stuff sitting around.

Gemma's person said...

Your mystery photo seems to sum it all up.
A wild and crazy time was had by all. Don't you miss Steve Martin and his humor.

Joellen said...

Looks like a Merry Christmas was had by all. I love that the Poppy named her unicorn Pretty Sparkles. That is a perfect name for a unicorn.

Plaidgirl said...

It is such fun seeing Christmas through the eyes of your children!!!