Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A Definite Silver Lining

All yesterday, I was sneezing and blowing my nose. All last night, I was awake on and off so I could blow my nose. And, as the crowning indiginity, I actually pulled a muscle in my upper back in the middle of the night when I was reaching for my handkerchief.

Yes, I pulled a muscle while I was (not really) sleeping. It hurts anytime I move my head or arms. So, all the time.

I am definitely not 23 years old anymore.

Anyway.

I don't know if I have a really bad case of allergies brought on by the very warm weather and very strong winds, or if I have a cold. But I do know no one wants me around food in the cafeteria today, blowing my nose while the children are eating lunch. So I called in sick to work.

However, none of my children have any symptoms of anything. And Wednesday is a day when all four of them have school (Poppy only goes to preschool Mondays and Wednesdays). What that means is that, for the first time since I had a child 12 years ago, I will be able to just be sick and take care of only myself. 

I will not be doing the Sick Mom thing of shuffling around feeding children and finding ways to keep them entertained so I can lie down for awhile.

For this small mercy, I am extremely grateful.

Over and out.

5 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Take care of you!

JP2GiannaT said...

I feel this on a very deep level, and I'm genuinely happy for you.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

G.P.: I will! Because I can! Hooray.

JP2: I know, you're definitely not there yet. But your day will come. :-)

Anonymous said...

Do enjoy your day alone, and take care of yourself. It might be allergies. We even had snow last night, and still I sneeze! Mary in MN

Karen. said...

Oh!

I mean, it is zero fun to be sneezy, but man, that day at home to yourself. Priceless.