Sunday, March 27, 2022

Snapshots: Life Skills

We had two tires that needed to be put on--one on the Honda, one on the utility trailer--and I asked A. if he would show me how to do it. My dad taught me how when I was sixteen and just starting to drive, but that was, um, a long time ago. I figured it was time for a refresher.

It became a Teaching Moment for the whole family.


Cubby actually ended up doing the most hands-on learning.

The "family" included Jasper, of course.


All the people! On the ground! ALL MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE.

Cubby mostly changed the second tire by himself. Watching him do this exhausted his siblings so much they had to have a rest.


Although this looks like the aftermath of the shootout at the O.K. Corral, I promise they were all alive and well.

Here is something I never had on my refrigerator when there were only boy children in the house.


Poppy absolutely revels in being a stereotypical Girl with a capital "G."

A. and the boys found this piece of petrified wood in one of the canyons a few years ago, and I am always delighted at what a perfect doorstop it makes to hold the storm door open.


It really is just as if it were made for this purpose.

And last, some walk photos.


The sun hadn't quite crested the horizon when I went out to start my walk, but on the way home . . .


It's always cool to catch the very moment the sun comes up.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Life lessons. You could write a book! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the kids laying on the ground. So funny!
And of course, Poppy's lovely picture.
Linda

Tu mere said...

Such a great role model you are. No female stereotypes in your family. The staged shot was priceless! From the “girl” picture unicorns are obviously still a thing. Sorry.