Sunday, March 13, 2022

Snapshots: Tea and Fashion

Poppy's new favorite game is dressing up in my clothes.


"I'm a miniature Mom!" (With far more attitude than actual Mom, however.)

The MiL came for a week-long visit on Wednesday, which meant Cubby was moved into A.'s office to sleep, and I got my semi-annual opportunity to clean his room out enough to make an acceptable guest room.


As good as it's going to get.

Among the many, many things I put in boxes and put into the closet, I did find two things that served as a very nice decorative element on the dresser.


Just as pretty as flowers. (Which I don't have right now, anyway.)

The MiL made scones (with whipped cream AND strawberry preserves) and treated the children to a tea party on Friday afternoon.


Grandma tea parties are the best tea parties.

This was our Spring Break week, which means my walks have been on the later side in the morning.



A frosty windmill well after sunrise.


Sheep in the morning light.


And some illuminated sunflower seed heads against a moody sky.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

6 comments:

Claire said...

I love all of this! Especially Poppy's dress-up, she has sass!

Gemma's person said...

What Claire says... me too.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to get a visit from the MIL. Give her my best! Mary in MN

jeanie said...

Beautiful photos--that gorgeous morning light.

Jenlee said...

Dh's mom always made tea cakes with our dd and it is such a special memory for me. When our sons came along, they would just watch, then enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Loved seeing them.