Sunday, October 2, 2022

Snapshots: Fall Is Coming

Thanks to my parents, Poppy's bike has been upgraded from a tricycle to her cousin's old bike with training wheels, so there have been many bike rides down our caliche road.

 

With her faithful attendants, of course.


That road is still providing sunflowers, but not for long.


A. harvested some of the calabazas. There are more, heaven help us all.

We have one gray hen that the other chickens beat up on, so when we locked the chickens in the coop for the heinous crime of pecking at my ripe tomatoes in the garden (off with their heads!), we let her stay out. So now she hangs around the porch with the dogs. Sometimes a little closer than they would like.


Can you see that gray lump in the far right front of the crate? That's the hen. In the crate with poor, long-suffering Odin.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

6 comments:

Tu mere said...

Working hard to make those training wheels history I see. So very glad the squash you shared with me was way smaller. Hope you have some friends that eat but don’t grow it. Totally miss everything I saw in the pictures!

Gemma's person said...

Stellar !

Anonymous said...

That little hen is so funny!
Linda

mbmom11 said...

Why would the chickens pick on the little gray hen? So much for flock loyalty.
Getting good at bike riding is such a liberating feeling for a kid - they feel like they can ride forever! I hope Poppy enjoys it!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

mbmom11: I think because she's a different breed and looks different. She's one of those that has the feathery legs. A funny thing about animals is they will treat differently the ones that look different. Black sheep will hang out separate from white sheep, etc.

Mei said...

I once had a hen that went everywhere my horse went and would perch on the horse's back. It would startle me now and then when she launched out of the stall when she heard me approaching.