Sunday, November 27, 2022

Snapshots: Courtesy of A.

When A. goes places and brings the cell phone, he often takes photos, usually of things I would probably not have thought to photograph.


From a quail-hunting excursion.


A very impressive WPA-built wall of hand-cut stone surrounding the old school in a town we go to sometimes for groceries.


Adventure Van hauls cattle. Well, a single cow, anyway, to the butcher.


He repaired our neighbor's crumbling chimney.


Good view from the roof.

There you have it! A.'s life, snapshotted.

6 comments:

JP2GiannaT said...

What a lonely, beautiful place. I can't get over that gorgeous sky.

Gemma's person said...

Life in two perspectives...kinda like the idea or from the kids perspectives too.

Karen. said...

I mentioned to someone this week that when I first moved to Nebraska (actually central Kansas prior to that), the trees made me feel claustrophobic. You can see how a kid raised on that horizon would feel that way (I presume).

Elaine N said...

I always enjoy your photos. As a lifelong East Coast girl, it's a good reminder that there are beautiful places not in my back yard. Although I seldom comment, I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Karen.: I wasn't raised here, but I definitely prefer the wide-open feel of it to the trees that pressed all around us in Northern New York. I always felt as if anything could come out of those trees. :-)

Elaine N.: Thank YOU! I'm glad you enjoy it.

Tu mere said...

Yay. More meat for the freezer. I know, very different take on A’s photos. He’ a great guy to help neighbors!