Saturday, December 3, 2022

A Saturday in December

I know! A rare post on a Saturday. This is not one of my typical posting days, but who says Tuesday is now the only day I can be random?

It is cold, and windy, and generally inhospitable. This means that we have all been inside all day. And A. was gone much of the day retrieving our beef from the processor in Oklahoma (yay!).

As a means of distraction--and also because one child asked about the Christmas stockings--we pulled out our (very minimal) Christmas decorations today and put them up. Of course, this required putting on some Christmas carols. 

I'm partial to crooners singing classic Christmas carols, although one child requested Jeff Foxworthy's "12 Redneck Days of Christmas."

Later, Ritchie, our beloved UPS delivery man, brought us some boxes that included the bulk oats I ordered, some stocking stuffers, and a DVD of "Mickey's Christmas Carol." We have a tradition of watching one Christmas movie for every weekend of Advent, so I immediately put this one on.

I guess all of this inspired a very Christmas-y feeling in the children, because when I announced that I was retiring to the bedroom for one hour and that any further questions were to be directed to A., they all went into the living room to listen to YouTube Christmas music. 

I don't know what else they're doing in there, but I can hear "Last Christmas" through the door. 

I'm feeling very much in the Christmas spirit, and I guess my children are, too.


No comments: