Sunday, November 12, 2023

Snapshots: Just a Few

I was at school all last week, subbing on my days off for a sick teacher. When I was in her classroom on Tuesday, I noticed she had this cube that had different sayings on each side. The one on Tuesday was "But first coffee." (I know, the lack of punctuation bothered me, too.) 

When I was there again on Thursday, I saw that the cube had been moved and this side was now facing me:


Preach it, cube. (And still lacking punctuation. Annoying.)

That very night, the tiny cheerleaders were cheering at our last home volleyball game of the season. Each of them presented her parents with a flower as a token of appreciation for our support this year. I myself feel very accomplished that I have learned how to get the giant hairbow on a ponytail without it being upside down or crooked.

Anyway.

My table had been looking sort of bleak without any floral options outside, so I was happy to have this very nice, very bright, pink carnation to put there. I even changed out the candle stubs to proper long candles in celebration.


Fancy.

And last, I thought I was almost through all the bull meat from the animal we helped our neighbors butcher, um, three years ago. Until the neighbor lady sent A. home with her last remaining box of bull meat.

It's like that game hot potato, but with meat.

Anyway again.

We have concluded that the best way to deal with the bull meat is to grind it, so that's what we did. Poppy wanted to help me label the freezer bags.


Kinda looks like "grand bull," which is not the best descriptor, but is pretty funny.

There you have it! My life, (minimally) snapshotted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a laugh over your hair bow comment...I'm pretty much like that too with my own hair. :)
Linda

Gemma's person said...

I see "sloppy bulls" in your future. Taco meat. Chili. Shepherd'Pie . Cottage pie. Hungarian goulash. All featuring grand bull.

sheila said...

The bull meat that never ends. Maybe the dogs are hungry?

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your complaint about the lack of punctuation. I'm right there with you -- it drives me crazy! I'm a copy editor, and I just do not understand why it would be soooooooooo hard to include the commas. They're just an additional tiny dab of paint. C'mon, people.
Karen.'s sister

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Karen.'s sister: I worked as a proofreader for a few years. The habit of finding mistakes stays with you forever.