Monday, March 29, 2010

We Really Need To Remedy This

I'm not a big picture taker. I don't like carrying a camera around everywhere (and not just because I tend to do things like leave them outside in the rain and drop them*). I don't like interrupting special moments with a flash. I just . . . don't really like taking pictures. Which is really too bad, because as little as I enjoy photography, at least I will occasionally manage to get a photo here and there. And that's more than can be said of anyone else in our house. A. and the MiL don't take photos. Ever.

Yes, I took this picture of the infamous Tummy Time. Though I like to call it Faceplant Time, myself.

What this means is there are about thirty photos of Cubby by himself, maybe five of A. with Cubby, and exactly two of me with Cubby. So a photo album of Cubby's first two months would make it appear as if he pretty much raised himself with brief guest appearances by his parents. And actually, until yesterday, there was exactly ONE photo of me with my son. That one in the hospital that the nurse takes of the new family immediately after the birth, in which the mother's smile is more like an exhausted grimace of relief, the father looks more than a little shell-shocked, and the baby looks like . . . well, like a newborn.

Not exactly the most photogenic moment.

ANYWAY.

I've been telling A. for a couple of weeks now that I really would like him to take a picture of Cubby and me. But the camera was always upstairs, or Cubby was always in mid-shriek, or something. Then yesterday, when Cubby was asleep with me on the couch and the camera happened to be on the table right next to the couch, A. finally took a picture.


Yeah. We need to keep working on this.

* Incidentally, I STILL haven't got a new camera. All photos courtesy of the busted one.

12 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Too. Much. Cuteness.


Word verification: facti -- plural of facts

Sara said...

That picture is adorable, Kristin! Now keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Sweet.

Chiot's Run said...

Your poor second child, they always get even fewer photos than the first.

Love that little outfit, he looks like the little brother in Christmas Story.

Phoo-D said...

What a cute shot! I love his sweater, adorable.

tu mere said...

Awesome picture! Just wait until the first week of May. We're definitely bringing a working camera so don't plan on seeing anything but flash dots for the whole of next week. And, yep, we'll gladly share with all your faithful readers.

Anonymous said...

Gad, he is getting big! But then again those pants are not really slimming!

Word verification: slagg
Now that's just plain rude!

Anonymous said...

I guess I will be the first one to tell you there is this big squarish shaped white thing that shows up in all your shots with cubby recently. I think you should know 'something' is following him around. :) You may not see it till it shows up in the pictures....it may usually be invisible.:) I think it is sometimes known as the 'diaper of drool'. Beth love all your shots of cubby and glad SOMEONE is going to step up and take pictures for posterity.

sheila said...

He looks warm and toasty. Spring will eventually become summer and Cubby will be able to shed the layers.

Mayberry Magpie said...

I know buying expensive new gadgets isn't the Blackrock way, but it's possible (with a higher end camera) to take photos WITHOUT a flash.

All that being said, it's amazing how good the photos are from the broken camera, when used that is ;-)

PS, would the MiL like to be my lard supplier? Is it really necessary for BOTH of us to render it?

Alicia said...

Awww! Now you must upgrade to YouTube and Cubby can become a web sensation!

rls said...

Damn I love your hair! Oh, yeah, your kid's pretty cute, too, but I LOVE YOUR HAIR.