Saturday, April 3, 2010

What Was I Saying?

I have lots of pictures of the sawmill doing its thing yesterday, as well as pictures of the massive logs it was sawing up and the resulting slabs of wood that are big enough to make a table top out of. And I had lots of clever accompanying explanations and commentary. But it's all gone now, courtesy of Cubby and what I must assume is another growth spurt. I could swear that kid has a watch hidden somewhere (in those useful pockets, possibly). How else would he be able to wake up every three hours exactly to demand food?

ANYWAY.

So I did not sleep last night and all cleverness has fled the premises of my brain. However, I still have the pictures and will do a post about the wood milling in the next few days.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a shower and drink some coffee in an attempt to kickstart my cognitive functions. Peace out.

5 comments:

rls said...

Are you napping when that kid naps? Because you should be.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Nap? Who can nap when there's garden to be planted! Peas, spinach, and arugula so far today. Plus, the tomato seeds started. WHEEE!!!

As my friend from West Virginia always said: (imagine the accent) "You can sleep when you're dead."

Daisy said...

shower? Cubby lets you shower? You are sooooo lucky. I still remember setting my firstborn in her baby chair on the bathroom floor so I could play "peek-a-boo" and reassure her that I was still there. :)

Anonymous said...

Kristin, this mothering gig is alomst as intensive as everything else rolled up into one that you do already. You gotta nap. 3 hrs....something has to get worked out around there....have you thought of feeding him cereal yet? :) Or potatoes...no you don't have potatoes left.... Heck, I don't know a thing about babies.Beth


word verification 'gomari'

go jerry go jerry........mari is his sister.....

Kristin @ Going Country said...

How nice of you to worry, Beth. But no need. He usually sleeps five hours at a stretch, and then another 2 or 3, so I get enough sleep on normal nights. It's just that every once in awhile he has a feeding frenzy night. Then it calms down again.

If I need to sleep during the day, I will. I just don't usually need to.

P.S. He's still too young for anything but milk. Solids are usually introduced around the sixth month.