Saturday, July 12, 2008

What Lies Beneath

Henry the Plumber is still working on our house, and apparently will be until the end of time. But as long as he keeps working, we don't have to worry about the bill coming. Of course, it will come eventually, and then I'll have to sell some vital organs. No one really NEEDS two kidneys, right?

ANYWAY, yesterday he had to cut a hole in the floor of the MiL's bathroom to get to the pipes. It's always scary to open up any kind of closed off space in this house. You never know what will be in there. There are some things you can count on, though: wood shavings, lots of dirt, and nut shells. It's the last item that freaks me out. Nut shells indicate that an animal of some kind, most likely a squirrel, has been there.

So now there's this hole in the floor of the bathroom, and it just happens to be about 2 feet directly in front of the toilet. I don't use that bathroom much, but every time I do, I expect a squirrel to come flying out of that hole and attach itself to my face. I don't know WHY a squirrel would do this, but these are the things I imagine, okay? As A. says, I have a rich inner life.

Maybe I should start bringing Leda in there with me. It might get a little crowded, but that squirrel wouldn't have a chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could always ask the Mil for A's old hockey mask and wear that?

jean said...

I think Leda should just stay in the bathroom, guarding it 24/7. Cause you never know when those nasty squirrels are pop out from behind something. They are using the hole as a distraction. Beware.

PS: I may have to use that "rich inner life" for myself.