Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cute or Creepy? You Decide

I figured I could throw you a baby shower bone today by taking a picture of the bear suit the MiL got from L.L. Bean, which elicited ecstatic cooing from all who saw it. Even A. But then when I took the picture, it ended up looking . . . strange.

Strange as in, "Is that a dead bear facedown on our dining room table?"

I promise that it is painfully cute in real life, and I'm sure will also be painfully cute when there's a baby in there to fill it out and make it look less like a police homicide. So give me another couple of months and I'll try to get another photo of it with a baby stuffed into it. And then let the chorus of "awwwwww!"s begin.

10 comments:

sweetbird said...

My sister has just a hat for her son with little ears on it and it's pretty much the cutest thing in existence when he wears it.

Anonymous said...

A real live 'man-cub'..don't you think maybe that's where the Mil was going with that? Am sure it will be cute...also am sure the ears would be easy to take off, if they bug anyone. Thanks for the bone. :)

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW.

(And yeah, it looks a little strange in the pic, like someone skinned the Snuggle bear, but once the man-cub is in it, your HEART will EXPLODE. As will mine.)

Phoo-D said...

Ha ha ha, "someone skinned the snuggle bear"! That is hilarious. It does look rather dead in the picture but filled with a wiggling man cub it will be adorable.

Melinda said...

Cute outfit.
I nominated you for an award on my blog today. I hope that is ok...Come look!

Anonymous said...

never seen an eviscerated bear before...

Moi

Haley said...

It sounds like the kid is going to need that to keep from freezing his butt off at Blackrock. It is really an incredibly cute way to stay warm.

Daisy said...

It'll be adorable on the baby!

inadvertent farmer said...

Yes it will look a little less creepy with kids inside. With the temperature of your house your little man cub is gonna need something like this! Kim

Julie said...

Oh yeah...that'll be a whole lot of cute when you stick your baby in there! Can't wait to see.