Thursday, January 14, 2010

Damn

I'm having one of THOSE mornings. Those mornings when my brain is slower than our obese cat (everyone say hi to Pitty Pet!) and my well of creativity, such as it is, has dried up so much as to resemble Tucson in July.

Though I do seem to be on a roll with the comparisons this morning. And so, for lack of anything better, let's take that and run with it, shall we? Please keep in mind, I am totally making this all up as I type, not even going back to tweak anything and try to make it more interesting.

Let's hear it for stream-of-consciousness blogging, otherwise known as bullshit!

So, comparisons. Yes. Complete this sentence: Today, I feel as _____ as _____.

Examples:

Today, I feel as boring as Ben Stein.

Today, I feel as mindless as Paris Hilton.

Today, I feel as awkward as a trussed chicken (thanks, man-cub!).

OR, on a happier note:

Today, I feel as chipper as Kelly Ripa. (God help us all.)

Today, I feel as young as a lamb in springtime.

Today, I feel as serene as a lake at sunset.

Obviously, the first three are more about me, and the last three are more hypothetical in nature.

ANYWAY. Your turn. Go crazy.

8 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Today I feel as fat as Pitty Pet.

I had a big dinner last night and still feel very full.

Anonymous said...

When I was in 4th grade, my neighbor had a HUUUUGE cat named Pitty PAT. Distant relative?

Today I feel as tired as...ME after a week of the work and daycare routine. Blah.

Anonymous said...

Today I feel as sleepy as a cat next to the wood stove.

word verification -'bableys'

word sounds that come out of a baby's mouth....which usually include spit

maybe do a post on what you expect to get at the baby shower?? besides cake :)
what big plans do you have for entertaining the mom/sis? How do you plan on keeping them warm at Blackrock? Shouldn't they bring electric blankets with them?
Have you perused the seed catalogs yet? gonna try anything different this year?
Any plans for a milk cow or goats to milk?

sweetbird said...

Referencing the above post by Anon, you should totally get one of those mini cows! And then I'll come to your house and feed, and take care of it, and love, and hug it, and call it Frank.

Puleeeeeze?

Anonymous said...

Today I feel as lost as an Easter egg.

Daisy said...

I feel as mobile as a sloth.

Phoo-D said...

I snorted out loud at your Kelly Ripa simile - HA! Today I feel as thickheaded as a pro-football player.

Serial Swooper said...

I <3 Pitty Pet.