Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm Relocating

If you need me from now on, you can find me in the Big Rock Candy Mountains*.

I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
There ain't no fog and the wind don't blow . . .

* That link is to the original song, which was a song from the 1920's about a hobo's dreamland. The version I'm familiar with, from a CD of kids' songs the MiL bought, has slightly different lyrics that I like better. Because in the children's version, candy grows on bushes and love is all around you. Nice.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Lordy, I'm right behind you. I don't mind the the snow in the forecast but I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting for the high winds... Keep warm.

Anonymous said...

My bags are packed!

Anonymous said...

Johnny Cash .... from my childhood. Thanks for the memories.
Beth

word verification 'begines'


spelling for the New Orleans delicacy after a night in the French Quarter

Daisy said...

Candy in the bushes - but no creepy Oompa Loompas like Willy Wonka's workers. I'll pack my bags; we can take turns carrying the Cubster.

Alicia said...

Hold off, now--the race is still on.