Saturday, February 5, 2011

Consuming

Our typical Saturday includes things like trash hauling and various tasks involving manual labor. Which is why this Saturday was so weird for us.

We went shopping.

I KNOW.

I hate shopping, just so you know. But we're in the process of buying a new car (new-used, of course, not new-new), so we went to a nearby city to look at various options at a dealer there. We didn't buy a car right then, of course. But I think we're going to get a Subaru Outback wagon, when we find the right one. (Cue horror stories from numerous people who HATE their Subarus and want to SET THEM ON FIRE and Subarus ARE THE DEVIL EEEEE!)

Then we went home past an outlet center, where we stopped to get A. some shoes. He's worn holes right through the soles of his dress shoes. He was tired of sitting through court with wet feet, trying to keep his feet flat on the floor so no one saw the holes. So we bought him some new ones. Also some shoes for Cubby, who actually had NO shoes. Well, no shoes that actually fit, anyway.

Then we stopped at the Mennonite store on the way home to get some butter and cheese. By the time we finished all this, both of us were totally exhausted. Shopping is way more tiring than working in the garden.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just contemplated a novel titled, A Country Esquire Without a Sole. You can pen the work. Royalties forgiven. LA&A Railroad.........

Daisy said...

Note for car-buying: bring Cubby's carseat along. Double check the fit and see how easy/hard it is to get him in and out.

flask said...

i love my subaru.

and i loved the one before that. and before that. and before that.

and i'll love the next one, too.

Haley said...

Asking people if they like their cars is like asking if they like their banks. People rarely say good things and you hear bad things about all of them.

Anonymous said...

I think Click & Clack speak favorably about that vehicle, do they not? You could check their website, if you cared. Good advice from Daisy! Your memory challenged reader

Anonymous said...

I too love my Subaru! Problem-free! Mary in MN

Alicia said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

I love my Subaru Outback wagon. Suzie is my 2nd Outback and I love her (#1's name was Scooby Subaru). My husband has had 2 in his lifetime.

Nothing but love for the Subies at this house! Good luck with car hunting. -Stacey

Sister’s Sailor said...

I've had two recently. Loved them both and hated to part with my last one '05 Outback 2.5XT. One hidden item to watch for with an XT (the turbo models) is that at 60K miles or so you have to change the fuel filter which is in the gas tank. So what does that mean, gas tank has to come off with a bunch of other stuff ($$$).

Other than that, it was a beast. It never needed snow tires or the sort (It was a Vermont vehicle just in case you were wondering out there), had plenty of space to haul everyone or live out of…and I just changed the oil when it said too. It was the kind of car I like, put the key in and it started, even at -25 or 117! It just ended up that after an event I had too many vehicles and the Subaru lost out to the one we all road in to dinner that one night…
My other was just like the one you know in AZ. I didn’t drive it, but it had zero problems…it was just a driver, nothing fancy in it.

Hope this helps!

FinnyKnits said...

WHATEVER - we LOVE Subarus and I've oft fantasized of trading in my Prius for one of those all-road-conditions-will-haul-most-stuff wagonish machines.

GO YOU.