Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Caved

I have a confession to make: I bought gardening clogs. And not just ANY gardening clogs.

Ranger Women's Ladybug Waterproof Garden Clog
Yeah. Those are bright yellow clogs with little ladybugs all over them (image from here). Possibly the ugliest shoes on the planet. But you know what else they are? Totally waterproof and easy to slip on without using my hands.

I got them at the feed store yesterday. I felt guilty for buying them because I already have plenty of shoes: running shoes, hiking boots, suede slip-ons, my beloved Tingleys. But the running shoes and slip-ons aren't waterproof, the hiking boots have laces that must be laced up every time, and the Tingleys require some effort to pull on. All I wanted was something I could easily get in and out of when I have to run outside to chase sheep out of my garden or quickly harvest some chives for dinner.

The feed store also carries some kind of Crocs knock-off, but those have little holes all in them and also no actual back, so they're not waterproof. Which is why I went with the ladybugs.

I've already worn them about a dozen times. So insect pattern and all, I declare love for the new shoes.

The end.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they're cute....then again, I like lady bugs.
your confirmation letters were "pringlys"

Anonymous said...

I think you may have saved yourself from having to make the trip to the feed store and dump by making that purchase.
A. won't be able to afford you buying something every time you go. :)
Don't forget to try the 2nd hand store,goodwill or the like for things like that.
It is very handy to have such shoes for just that purpose...mainly,don't leave them where the dogs can abscond with them, if they are so inclined. Beth

Daisy said...

I have backless Crocs. I like yours better.

word verification: enest -- where Internet birds hatch.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Those shoes are not ugly. They have character.
Yellow character with ladybugs all over them.
Practically BURSTING with character.
I have muck boots that came with a bow on them. I don't know why anyone would put a bow on muck boots (some cutesy New York fashion goon, perhaps) but nevertheless.
We wear what we can to get the job done.

FinnyKnits said...

So, tell me, do they fit snug and stay on your feet when you're chasing sheep out of the garden?

That's what I'm looking for. I've been wearing some garden clogs (bright orange because I'm apparently color blind) for years that slip on, but don't sit snug on my feet.

It makes me mental, but I can't give in to new garden clogs because that seems so frivolous. I need to be convinced that it's necessary.