Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Didn't Knock on Wood and Now I'm Paying for It

Just a few days ago I was remarking to A. how thankful I was that this winter has so far been remarkably free of illness.  After last winter's bonanza of digestive upsets and other things, I was so very, very happy that as a family we have only had one quite mild cold.

So of course, I came down with a cold the day after making that rash statement.

No one else has caught it yet, so now I'm knocking on LOTS OF WOOD.  And never opening my mouth to jinx us again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you must have caught mine. I am so sorry. At least you are getting it out of the way before March (that's what I keep saying)

-moi

Anonymous said...

Yah, it was going well here also..until, my niece's 6 month old sneezed in my face twice really close together while I was holding her at Christmas. NO, I couldn't hardly have dropped her to keep it from happening. Three days later I knew I had a cold...aaargh.
Lots and lots of fluids, plenty of rest. A box of those super soft tissues if you are blowing a lot. :) Beth

Phoo-D said...

Misery loves company- I'm right there with you. Though this may be cold #2 or #3, I can't remember! I'll keep my fingers crossed that no one else in your family gets it!