Sunday, January 17, 2021

Snapshots: Catching Up

Because last week's Snapshots featured only photos of our ice-fishing expedition, I have some older photos that I'm now going to drop here. Yay! 



I asked the MiL to send me some bay leaves from her (indoor in the winter) bay tree for my birthday. She obliged with a giant branch that filled an entire quart jar with bay leaves. And that jar smells SO GOOD. I might open it sometimes when I don't even need a bay leaf, just to inhale.


Christmas is over, all the decorations came down the day after Epiphany, and I never showed you what was on my front door. Let's remedy that now! Some of you might remember that I can't make wreaths, but a branch cut off the bottom of the Christmas tree with a fake pinecone and birds? That, I can do.


Having animals means moving hay.


And those animals were more than happy to clear up the loose hay left in and around the trailer.


Building a very small snowman with very long arms.


Under the watchful gaze of Samson (can you spot him?), who was sure we would shortly be tossing some of that delicious hay through the barn window.

And there we are! My life, snapshotted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the smell of bay leaves.
Yes, I spotted Samson!
Linda

Gemma's person said...

Thank you for the photos.
I love that all your animals are together .

Andra said...

I spotted Samson!
I love the snowman. I have a similar picture of my daughter doing the same thing.

ere said...

I’ve used bay leaves all my cooking life and have never seen an actual plant. Guess that’s pretty common with us city folk. Little snowgirl awesome!