Sunday, January 15, 2023

Snapshots: Vacuums and Church Stuff

I bought myself a new vacuum for Christmas. I actually bought it online the day after Christmas when the cheap one I bought only a year ago started actually blowing dirt when I turned it on.

Definitely not what I want my vacuum to be doing.

The new one is quite a bit heavier, and has an actual bag. It remains to be seen if it lasts a reasonable length of time, but it works now.


New vacuum on the right, awful old one on the left.

Hooray for a vacuum that sucks the dirt up, rather than blowing it around my house.

January is one of my mayordomo months, so I'm back to being Church Lady for awhile.


Cleaning . . .


And dressing The Infant of Prague.

That statue has little robes in all the different liturgical colors (the green is for Ordinary Time) that I assume were made for it by previous Church Ladies. Changing out the robe is one of my favorite things to do. It's like dressing a doll.

While I'm being Church Lady, the kids like to light candles and say prayers for deceased friends and relatives.
 

Man, those are some skinny kids. 

And last, the only child I have who actually asks for worksheets to do at home.


Here she's practicing writing the letter "y."

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turn the old vacuum over to Cubby. He may find a blocked tube that he can open up. When my cheap vacuum spewed dirt, I found several places that were blocked with dirt and hair. Congrats on the new on!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Anonymous: I cleaned that thing out so many times, I just got tired of it. I never liked it, anyway, so I finally gave up.

Tu mere said...

Cooking and cleaning. Just the extra activities outside of your home responsibilities you need. You’re the best of role models for your kids and that’s one huge positive. I’m sure the other parishioners/priest understand how blessed they are to have your whole family as helpers. Yep, the clothing change would be my favorite as well. Great about the new vacuum. Now all you need is a dryer.

Anonymous said...

I never knew there were other Infants of Prague besides the one in Prague! Did it come from Prague, or is it just a generic name?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Anonymous: There are many copies of the original statue. It's just the image now that has the name.