Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Out and About

It occurred to me last night as A. and I were driving to our polling place to do our civic duty that I couldn't actually remember the last time I had left the property. I had to think hard before deciding it was when I went to pick up the apples. Which meant that I had not gone anywhere for a week and a day. And what's more, I hadn't even noticed.

Yikes.

However! I shall be sallying forth yet again this morning on another exciting outing. Specifically, I'll be taking Cubby to the doctor for the eight-month-that's-really-almost-a-nine-month appointment.

Nope, still haven't found another pediatrician with a better office staff.

ANYWAY.

The doctor's receptionists may leave much to be desired, but there's nothing wrong with the scales there. And so today we will once again find out exactly how giant the Giant Infant is. Considering he's mostly wearing 18-month clothes and so is more in the realm of Giant Toddler-Sized Infant, I am expecting some big numbers here. And then after the fun weigh-in will come the not-so-fun shots.

Everything's a trade-off.

2 comments:

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

When I was working from home, my thing was, "How long has it been since I've worn shoes?" And there were times I couldn't remember.


Word verification: huffula -- A herd of elephants from Winnie the Pooh

jive turkey said...

Wait wait wait: I loved your use of the phrase "sallying forth," and then I remembered there was that comic strip (and maybe there still is?) called Sally Forth, and it JUST NOW occurred to me that there is a connection between the two. I just thought it was girlfriend's name.

Anyhoo. Good luck at the appointment. Excited to hear just how Giant the Giant Infant is now.